Today I would like to share my favorite places to explore within the area/region in which I live in. So today I am sharing my top ten physical historically significant locations to visit in the state of California.
My Top Ten (in no particular order):
1. Bodie State Historic Park - Bodie, California (Near Bridgeport, California)- Mono County
2. Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park - Yuma, California (Prison is located across the river in Arizona)
3. Fort Tejon - Lebec, California - Kern County
4. Amargosa Opera House - Death Valley Junction, California - Inyo County
5. The John Steinbeck House - Salinas, California - Monterey County
6. Manzanar War Relocation Center - Manzanar, California (Between Independence & Lone Pine, CA) - Inyo County
7. Vikingsholm Castle, South Lake Tahoe, California - El Dorado County
8. The Parsons Memorial Lodge in Tuolumne Meadows with in Yosemite National Park, California - Tuolumne County
9. The Hellman-Ehrman Mansion - Tahoma, California - El Dorado County
10. California State Mining and Mineral Museum - Mariposa, California - Mariposa County
Pictures to come, stay tuned!!...........
My second installment will be the Top Ten Natural Locations to visit in California.